Monday, February 10, 2014

italy update!

We now have about one week left of our 2 1/2 week Italy adventure!
 
Thinking about heading home is both bitter and sweet. Traveling while pregnant has been exhausting and difficult at times. Sadly my morning sickness never went away after my first trimester and as it turns out, the battle against nausea only gets worse when you don't have the usual go-to food your stomach is used to. Big thanks to my husband who has been so very patient with me.
 
But on the other hand, the thought of going back to real life and leaving this European dream is enough to make a girl want to cry! I could overload on pizza and crepes forever (and you better believe I've been shamelessly enjoying the nutella and carbs out here) We travelled by train out to Siena and Venice this past weekend and both were an absolute dream-come-true. I can't wait to post more pictures!
 
We're now back in Florence for a couple days and will then be heading to Cinque Terre, Pisa, and Rome.
 
If any of you have suggestions or recommendations on your favorite things to do/see/eat in those locations--please share below! I love hearing from you!
 
 
♥/ kris
 
  
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
(One of my favorites)
 


2 comments:

  1. so so so much fun! sorry you've been sick but you're a trooper and at least getting rewarded with gelato and crepes :) i've loved all the pics! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes us sad when we think about return home from such a fabulous trip. Thanks for sharing this wonderful trip post.
    cheap airport parking

    ReplyDelete