Wednesday, May 21, 2014

34 week pregnancy update.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and you better believe--I am feeling it!
 
Last week we had an ultrasound and baby girl was extremely squished in there, but still has enough room to kick and nudge me constantly. She is a lively one! She's up in the 75 percentile (mainly for the size of her head and belly) and is already over 5lbs. Yikes.
 
Despite the massive belly, I've been trying to stay active, but to be perfectly honest with you--the extent of my cardio these days is really just a slow waddle around the park while feeling the urge to pee every two minutes (no joke)
 However, it feels good to get out and any activity is better than no activity.
 
I'm definitely feeling hungrier these days but still don't have any strong cravings. Fruit has been a constant for me during the pregnancy. I basically always feel like pineapple, strawberries, bananas, and watermelon. Yum yum.
 
I'm looking forward to getting in shape again, but even more than that, I am dying to meet this little doll. I already feel such a strong bond with her. I have noticed that when her daddy talks to her, she always seems to calm down--I think she finds his deep voice comforting. I just know she's going to be so much like him, which makes me so incredibly happy.
 
We like to play her Beach Boys, America, and Beatles songs (she's going to know some of their hits by heart before she even leaves the womb) We love talking about what we think she is going to look like and joke about how weird she is going to be (based off the weirdness of both her parents--but weird in a good way obviously)
 
I pray daily that I will be a good parent. I'm not all the scared for the hospital/labor part of the whole deal. What frightens me is what will come after--taking the baby home and having a lifetime ahead of us. It frightens me and thrills me. It makes me want to run and hide but also makes me want to cry tears of peace and joy.
 
What a true blessing; what a true gift.
 
I feel so blessed that my Father in Heaven trusts Rob and I with one of His very own.
 
 (This is the ultrasound from last week--you can see baby girl with her face smashed up against the placenta ha ha--and grossly enough, we actually could see her lips moving as she tried to suck on it. The nurse was laughing really hard--I think she has a special love for our baby because almost every ultrasound she's done for us, baby has been doing something funny or odd--she's a sassy weird one for sure)
 
We love that squishy little face and oversized belly of hers.
 
 
I can't wait to meet you baby girl.
We love you with all our hearts.
 
Hope you make your debut into the world soon! (but not too soon)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment