Tuesday, April 21, 2015

before/after: our diy vanity

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I'm excited to share our latest home DIY project with y'all today! After finishing our bed, we started trying to decide what to do with the rest of the room...and I fell in love with the idea of a vanity area! We were given this old piece that belonged to my in-laws. It was a little beat up, but such a beautiful piece of furniture. My husband and I immediately decided that if we could spruce it up a bit and add some new paint, it'd be just perfect for our room.

>>BEFORE<<
(I swear our garage has just been one big DIY/Wood shop these days!)



We took apart the whole vanity piece by piece so that we could thoroughly paint it, then had to sand it down quite aggressively. After that was done we just primed and painted! (We did three separate coats of paint)

Supplies used:
Sander
Sand paper
Primer
Behr "Creamy White"
Small paint roller
Paint brush 



>>AFTER<<








Captains Mirror // HomeGoods
Candle // Anthropologie 
Ottoman // Pottery Barn
Rug // HomeGoods
Hardware // Home Depot
Floral // Target

Hope y'all enjoyed this DIY post! Please let me know if you have any questions!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment